Covid has created havoc in most of our lives and affected us in many more ways than we had imagined. Our heart goes out to all the people who lost their fight to covid, and also to the covid warriors who are now on their path to recovery.
Everyone who got covid went through different symptoms, while each case was different from the other. The thing that we least talk about when it comes to covid, even though it’s the biggest organ of our body-our skin. Covid not only affected internal organs of most people but had effects on people’s skin too.
People suffered from extreme dry skin, chapped lips, itchy patches and hives, hyper pigmentation, hair loss among many other symptoms besides more severe ones like “Covid Toe’.
Below are 5 points that you may look at to take care of your skin post covid:
- Eat well: Everyone has been saying this, and I re iterate the same that nutrition and good food contributes majorly to your recovery internally and externally. To get your normal skin glow back you need to eat leafy vegetables, take lots of proteins and eat seasonal fruits.
- Keep yourself hydrated: Your body loses a lot of its energy and strength in trying to fight the disease and to handle the strong medication that is given to you. You should drink fresh juices, coconut water, green smoothies and try keep yourself as hydrated as possible to flush the toxins out. The more water and juices you take, the more body will gain strength and your outer appearance will improve too.
- Wear light and cotton clothes: Our skin suffers a lot due to the disease and fighting it, you should be careful to wear only cotton and soft clothes which do not aggravate the skin issues further. Try to keep yourself cool and away from direct heat as much as possible.
- Use the right skincare products: Our bodies become over sensitive while fighting a deadly disease like covid. Also with the different medications, there are other allergies too that spring up. You need to extra careful about what you apply during and after the treatment, try choosing products with no parabens, sls, and preferably artificial fragrance free
- Use natural oils and essential oils: Pure carrier oils like coconut, sesame, almond oil can do wonders on dry skin and chapped lips. Essential oils like lavender, geranium, patchouli when mixed with a good carrier oil is a wonderful remedy for itching from hives
Natural carrier and essential oils are a wonderful way to heal your skin gradually and let it come back to its original form without the fear of any reactions or allergies. We, at Arezou make all our products with certified organic carrier oils and pure essentials oils which we procure from all parts of India.
We know how important it is for you to get yourself and your skin to your original healthy self while recovering from the deadly disease.
We are giving a free skin consultation to all the covid warriors to understand the issues their body is going through and suggest the best suitable skin treatment for them.
Please click on the link below to book your free skin consultation.